App Name: PopChar X | Size: 10.78 MB | Version: 8.3 | System: Mac OS X 10.5.8 or later.
PopChar X makes it easy to query and enter HTML special characters at any time. It supports Unicode and is compatible with Jaguar.
PopChar is a utility application that lets you insert special characters, accented letters, umlauts, etc. from all installed fonts into your documents. You never need to search for and remember keystrokes any longer. Just pop up the PopChar window, click the desired character, and the character appears in your current document.
If a font contains Unicode characters, you can see all of them, neatly arranged in the standard Unicode categories.
PopChar X is the right tool to help you get the most out of all the fonts on your Mac.
Most of your fonts contain thousands of characters, many more than you can access from the keyboard. PopChar makes “typing” of unusual characters easy without having to remember keyboard combinations.
Whenever you need a special character, PopChar is there to help. Click the “P” in the menu bar to display a table of characters. Select the desired character and it instantly appears in your document.
PopChar works with all modern applications that support Unicode. It makes it easy to navigate and search within fonts that contain thousands of characters. Search for characters by their names, find fonts that contain certain characters, explore the character set of fonts, collect your favorite characters, insert HTML symbols. PopChar makes all these font-related tasks easy.
You can even look at fonts from a designer’s perspective see a font preview, check out what a given text fragment looks like in a certain font, and print beautiful font sheets.
- Simple to use, just click and select
- Inserts accented characters, foreign letters and any other character from all installed fonts
- Automatic font detection
- Full Unicode support
- Character search function
- Various insertion options
- Insertion of HTML symbols
- Recent characters view
- Displays the keystrokes needed to create selected characters
- Automatically starts at login
- New preference setting for showing font names in their own font (WYSIWYG font names).
- HTML characters can now be inserted in hexadecimal notation.
- Option for remembering the selected font for all applications (instead of separately per application).
- It is now possible to control whether PopChar may perform version checks in full-screen mode.
- The About window now contains a button that creates a diagnostics report for troubleshooting.
- Automatic conversion of layout files into a format that can also be used by the Windows version of PopChar.
- Additional information during installation clarifies the situation when a newer version is not covered by the current license.
- Metrics adjustments for the IBM Plex font family.
- Metrics adjustments for the Carta font.
- Metrics adjustments for the Candlescript Pro font.
- Improved implementation of the gradients in the magnification lens.
- Updated version of the Alphabet layout fixes an error in the Romanian character set.
- PopChar now makes sure that its window is completely visible on the screen.
- In the keyboard equivalents, PopChar now displays only keys that are physically present on the attached keyboard.
- Built-in helper applications are now 64-bit to support the next version of macOS.
- Fixes an update problem when a previous version of PopChar was installed in a folder that no longer exists.
- Fixes a cosmetic issue with updates on High Sierra, where the download progress window remained on the screen for too long.
- Improved window location and size when PopChar is opened for the first time.
- Fixes an incorrect button label for opening System Preferences when PopChar asks for Accessibility permissions.
- Fixes incorrect alignment of a message at the top of the character table.
- Fixes incorrect length of the layout connection line in the French version.
- Fixes a confusing message in the preferences window when PopChar has not yet checked for available updates.
- Fixes a potential problem when PopChar makes offscreen windows visible.